Saturday, May 13, 2006


This week I have been suffering because of my art...literally. In the middle of Mother's Day Maddness I managed to cut my finger open. Of course I had to do it in some artsy way. I sliced it by way of a piece of stained glass. My nurse (my dear Bryan) got it to stop bleeding, but it has bothered me all week long.

Anyways... how about my new found creative outlet? For the past 6 months I have been learning how to Irish Step Dance. For anyone out there that ever thought about it I would highly suggest it. It is so much fun. Everyonce in a while I come up with a new Irish themed mermaid, probably has a lot to do with my dancing.

For the past while I have found myself swamped with commissions. My current project has been an acrylic painting that will eventually serve as a headboard on a bed for a young lady. It has been a fun project, but I really want my kitchen back. Which leads me to one of my internal complaints...I need a studio. The spare bedroom is driving me crazy. It probably won't happen for a year or so. It will be something to encourage my painting.

No comments: